CMS Document 6469-v4
Observation of a new boson -- CMS Communications Group report On the 4th July 2012 seminar at CERN
- Public document
- On the 4th of July 2012, the ATLAS and CMS collaborations at CERN announced the observation of a new boson with mass around 125 GeV.
This note summarises the CMS communications activities relating to the seminar. It covers the preparation of materials for the media and the public, the communications systems used, and the logistics at CERN. It serves as an aide memoire for future events and identifies several things that could be done better in future. The communications for the event were hugely successful, as reflected in the statistics below.
- Files in Document:
- Full report (PDF) (Communications-Report-2012-July-4th-seminar.pdf, 26.6 MB)
- Presentation at Lisbon CMS Week, Sept 2012 (MS Powerpoint) (CMS-Week-Lisbon-2012-Communications-Report.pptx, 18.3 MB)
- Other Files:
- Full report (MS Word) (Communications-Report-2012-July-4th-seminar.doc, 9.2 MB)
- Lucas Excel of: Media coverage report from NASDAQ OMX company (NASDAQ-OMX-July4th-media-statistics.xlsx, 29.7 kB)
- Media coverage report from NASDAQ OMX company (CERN Flash Evaluation Report - Higgs Boson Announcemen...ppt, 2.6 MB)
- CMS Management:Communications Group
- CMS Management
- Physics:Physics Analysis Groups:Higgs
- Physics:Physics Object Groups:Muons
- Physics:Physics Object Groups:E/Gamma (Electrons and Photons)
- Physics:Physics Analysis Groups
- CMS Management:Communications Group:Outreach and Education
- CMS Management:Collaboration Board
- CMS Management:Communications Group:Information Systems
- CMS Management:Communications Group:Communications Infrastructure
- Notes and Changes:
- Minor fixes. Add figures.